X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
Tapestry is a team working to rapidly decarbonize the electric grid. Our mission is to help create a shared understanding of what is happening on the grid for everyone involved in building, managing and using it. Learn more about Tapestry here.
About the role:
As the Administrative Business Partner, you're at the heart of your team's operations and activities and the soul that keeps your team moving forward. You anticipate the needs of your manager(s) and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly with the changing environment and are able to be flexible and proactive in ambiguous situations. You also use your knowledge of tools and processes to strategically support your team's projects. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong judgement and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
At X, our ABPs are invited to take on challenging and meaningful program management and leadership tasks, navigate ambiguity, and dive head-first into failing fast, looking at challenges from new angles, and asking “what if?” on a regular basis. We are working together to make the impossible possible, and our ABPs are both the duct tape vital to making that happen and the lightning rods that carry our culture!
How you will make 10x impact:
- Perform an array of administrative tasks (manage calendars, book travel, and schedule facilities and equipment). Ability to take both a broad and detail oriented view
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, help define new operational strategies
- Mentor new team members
- Coordinate within X, across Alphabet, and with external partners
- Serve as a lead and program manager of various small and medium projects
What you should have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of direct executive support while balancing longer-term program manager duties and project(s)
It would be great if you also had these:
- Ability to read situations bringing a balance of previous expertise to the table while also knowing when to seek new answers or learn new tools and technologies
- Previous experience stretching beyond your “core” role into new and ambiguous work streams
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Passion and talent for internal communications, events, and building team culture
- Experience standing up new processes, identifying and retiring ineffective programs, and rallying a team around new ways of working
- Leadership presence and mindset
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $88,000 - $132,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.