X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
Tidal is a team at X working on a moonshot to protect the ocean and preserve its ability to support life and help feed humanity, sustainably. Our initial area of focus is on developing hardware and software technologies that bring greater visibility and understanding of what’s happening under the water. Learn more about Project Tidal.
About the role:
Project Tidal is looking for a software engineer to design critical applications using machine learning and computer vision models for real world use cases, working closely with customers and partners to deploy solutions. This is an opportunity to work end to end with revolutionary hardware, real world customer applications, and cutting edge technologies. If you love to work on challenging and real world problems, please apply!
How you will make 10X Impact:
- Design and implement applications using machine learning and computer vision models to find solutions for real world problems.
- Develop hybrid enterprise applications with solid API support.
- Work closely with customers and partners to simplify solutions.
- Build insights to help customers visualize and analyze the trend to further optimize their business.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Strong programming skills (preferred Golang, C++ or Python).
- Solid data analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in developing large scale cloud applications using APIs and developer platforms.
- Excellent communication skills.
I'd be great if you also have these:
- Experience working with IoT and/or sensors.
- Knowledge of ML models and pipelines.
- Experience working with large enterprise customers.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is a prorated amount from $133,000 - $202,000 + bonuses + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.