X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
We are scientists and engineers dedicated to creating transformative computational tools for synthetic biology. We’re building AI-powered decision-making tools that unlock fast, predictable progress for scientists. Biology background is preferred but not required -- the only thing needed is the curiosity and passion to learn.
About the role:
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level for an early stage team innovating quickly at the intersection of biology and engineering. We are working to push the boundaries of what is possible in a rapidly evolving field. There is no roadmap here. You’ll need to identify the opportunities and help create the products that transform this space.
We’re looking for a product manager experienced with 0-1 product launches for products with significant machine learning and/or data components. We need someone who will deeply understand the needs of our users and the dynamics of the synthetic biology industry. You will work collaboratively across the team so we’re aligned, iterate fast, and deliver products and features that matter. Past experience bridging software engineering with sciences, robotics, ML frameworks, or hardware is a plus.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Apply product management best practices to creatively solve complex, ambiguous, and novel problems
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary science and engineering team
- Develop highly ambitious yet practical roadmaps for commercializing breakthrough products
- “Roll up your sleeves” and get stuff done as part of a small, high performing team
What you should have:
- BS in science or engineering
- 5+ years of product management experience, working on software products
- Startup experience, or equivalent experience on early stage teams and 0-1 product launches
- Experience in the full scope of product management: developing product vision and roadmap, engaging with customers, driving a smooth development process, coordinating launches, and achieving post-launch success
- Life sciences background a plus, but not required
- PhD in science or engineering a plus
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $164,000-$ 261,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.