X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
THE FOUNDATION OF AN AMAZING JOURNEY
Our goal at X is to make the world a radically better place. In order to do that we seek fresh unexpected perspectives, from different fields, and that’s why we’re excited about you.
Life here isn’t easy, but it’s fun. We’re trying to build things most people can’t even imagine, and we’re doing it with the hope of making a huge, positive impact on the world. You’ll be embedded into a moonshot project, where you’ll partner with team members to solve key challenges.
This isn’t your ordinary internship. You’ll be positively challenged and pushed professionally, in ways that you may have never experienced. If this excites you - keep reading.
DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP YOU CAN EXPECT:
- To be placed on one of our confidential or public X projects
- To get paid competitively and with Google benefits
- To be part of a lively community of other Interns and Residents
- To addend colloquium and discussions with team leads from across Google, DeepMind and external organizations
How you will make 10x impact:
This project aims to push the limits of science and modeling as we know them and to prove how ML can radically accelerate our understanding of the world
- Location: X's headquarters in Mountain View, CA
- Start Date(s): Year-round rolling basis
- Duration: a flexible 3 mo. to 1 year program based on project team needs and your availability
Throughout your AI Residency you can expect:
- To be embedded into one of our confidential or public X projects
- To get paid competitively and receive benefits
- To be a part of a lively community of AI and ML Residents
- To attend tech-talks with AI leaders from across X
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Apply data analysis techniques, clean and prepare large-scale datasets for analysis and outlier detection.
- Develop Minimum Viable Products to test hypotheses and draw insights for cross-functional teams at Taara.
- Design and create dashboards with relevant data to effectively communicate critical insights to a diverse group of stakeholders across engineering, business, and finance across engineering, business, and finance.
- Currently enrolled in a Masters program in CS or Mathematics/Statistics with a strong interest in data analytics.
- Experience in wrangling data, creating reporting tables with strong SQL programming skills.
- Experience with data visualization using Python.
- Passionate about new technologies with ability to work in a small team with a rapid prototyping environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with data visualization tools: matplotlib, seaborn and grafana
- Experience with python libraries: pandas, numpy
The US base salary range for this role is between $95,000 - $112,000 + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.