X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team
We are a small team among X’s early stage projects, charged with identifying, generating, and evaluating potential moonshots and kicking off new X projects. Our team is always evolving -- change is our only constant!
- Help define the software architecture for our MVP and build it.
- Shepherd the project through internal processes such as privacy & security review.
- Host and mentor interns and residents.
- Collaborate closely with other team members to identify opportunities and find solutions to challenging problems.
What you should have:
- Full stack web application development skills, including Google Cloud Platform, microservice architectures, HTML/CSS, etc.
- Experience architecting scalable systems, and a natural inclination towards simplicity and clean designs
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to adapt quickly to shifting requirements
- Ruthless ability to prioritize and organize time
- Solutions oriented, can-do mentality and collaboration skills.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Familiarity with large language models and machine learning
- Interest in/knowledge of the legal system
- Knowledge of Google technical infrastructure and internal processes
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000 - $293,000 bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.