X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
Tapestry is a team working to rapidly decarbonize the electric grid. Our mission is to help create a shared understanding of what is happening on the grid for everyone involved in building, managing and using it. Learn more about Tapestry here.
The team is multi-disciplinary, bringing together expertise in machine learning, computer vision, and geospatial analysis. What unites us is a drive for impact and a willingness to look ridiculous. We celebrate spectacular failures.
About the role:
We’re looking for a seasoned, hands-on Technical Storyteller to partner with our team to bring our Project to life through case studies, digital assets, video snippets, partner quotes, narrative development, and one-sheets.
You’ll bring energy, storytelling, creativity, curiosity, media savvy, strategic thinking, and smart judgment to weave together highlights from our early proof points to reach key audiences both in and outside the factory, to help share how our moonshot will impact the world. As an adept storyteller, you’re passionate about telling our story in compelling ways to both industry insiders and novices.. You’ll integrate product screenshots, digital assets, slides, and video snippets, to create content for partner discussions,internal executive meetings, and industry events. In this role, you’ll help to bring Tapestry’s mission and impact to life using your storytelling skills. You will develop and implement comprehensive internal communications strategies to inform, connect, inspire, and engage stakeholders within our offices, our own team members, and stakeholders across Alphabet. You’ll work across a wide variety of team members and create materials that help our products come to life and make sense for anyone, regardless of their domain knowledge.
We're looking for great communicators with a knack for storytelling, program management, and collaboration who can thrive in ambiguity, understand complex and deeply technical topics, and explain them in person, in visuals, and in writing. You are scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to share in the magic of working at X.
How you’ll make 10X impact:
- You'll work with internal alliances, partners, and agencies to define and build case studies and visual assets to drive awareness and in-depth understand of our differentiated platform solution
- Advise Tapestry on case study development, product and impact messaging, narrative development, and stakeholder positioning
- Develop Marketing / Communications plan and industry moments to showcase Tapestry to internal audiences (ABC) and the external and internal world
- Partner with Tapestry’s Product and Partnerships teams to convey the real-world impact of our tech development
- Create a library of off-the-shelf case studies that can be used to portray value to any stakeholder audience (i.e. Tapestry team members, Alphabet Leadership, Industry Regulators, etc)
- Develop written materials and visual assets such as emails, newsletters, internal websites, conference one-sheeters, booth materials, presentations, and talking points for leaders that help communicate about X as a moonshot factory and Tapestry
- Distill complex, sensitive subjects into coherent and moonshot easy-to-understand inspirational messaging (across deliverables like emails, FAQs, presentations, training materials) that resonates with a busy and highly technical audience
What you should have:
Having as many of these specific qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences from other adjacent domains may be equally valuable, we care more about who you are than what you’ve done.
- 6+ years of industry experience building technical narratives and storytelling state of the art, first-of-its-kind technology to diverse audiences
- Experience guiding and supporting early stage startups in PR, comms, marketing, case study development, and product marketing.
- Comfort with complicated energy-related topics, and a knack for explaining them simply to a variety of audiences
- Experience working in the fields of science and technology
- Strong leadership skills, including excellent communication skills; written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Adept at narrative building and storytelling through a variety of mediums including: video, slides, and one-sheeters
- A visionary and audacious streak - Not afraid to challenge assumptions.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Experience working with projects related to Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence/deep tech or energy technology.
- A background in climate, sustainability, energy and a general interest in environmental impact is preferred.
- Experience leading a strategic marketing and communications program to advance an organization’s mission.
- Case study development – Experience executing integrated marketing initiatives that build brand identity and deliver on the brand proposition
- Quick learner, eager to explore new technologies and experiments
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $129,000 - $200,000 bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.