X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
The Experience (People & Culture) team’s mission is to empower all Xers to achieve personal and team greatness in service to radical and inclusive innovation. We believe moonshot taking requires Xers to act in a way contrary to how most of society - especially adult working life teaches us to be: take smart risks , put aside fears (e.g. of failure), and balance short-term progress with longer term investment. The Experience team designs and operates the structures that enable this growth. We are trusted thought partners that make business-critical decisions while championing our greatest assets - our people and our culture.
About the role:
The Experience team is looking for a People Generalist to support HR Business Partners and Xers across a breadth of people related initiatives and workflows. You will enable intentional people decisions through data analysis, close partnerships, and program management. This role will require balancing complex Xer needs with X’s overall philosophy, principles, and resources. Additionally, it will require balancing complex strategic work with more repeatable operational work (i.e data entry). Here are more specifics on what you can expect:
- Answer or triage employee and manager questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items (e.g: performance, compensation, benefits, career goals, etc.).
- Assist HR Business Partners with planning and roll-out of HR programs and initiatives.
- Collect and analyze data to enable strategic workforce planning, org health, talent review and succession planning.
- Facilitate documentation of performance management, reorgs and wind-downs, and serve as primary HR POC for employees once decision on path forward has been made.
- Identify opportunities to improve HR policies, processes, and interventions by connecting the dots between multiple Xer and managers experiences. Identify and propose solutions to correct inconsistent HR policy gaps.
- Own end-to-end process of employee lifecycle (onboarding, exits and everything in between)
- Expect ~20% of your time to be spent on projects outside of your immediate team
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience)
- 3+ year of People Operations experience (or similar experience)
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (Sheets, Slides, Docs, Forms)
- Intermediate Sheets/Excel skills (e.g: pivot tables, nested formulas, vlookup, if, and, etc.)
- Project management skills with a bias for action and strong execution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential
- Experience influencing and working cross-functionally
- Experience delivering exceptional customer service
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $101,600 - $154,700 bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.