X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
X is a moonshot factory. Our inventors, engineers, designers, and makers apply audacious thinking and radical new technology to huge problems. We tackle ideas that have the riskiness of research and run at them with the focus and speed of a startup. Our goal is to develop and de-risk early-stage technologies and turn them into products that can be the foundation for large, sustainable businesses.
You’ll join a Marketing and Communications team focused on amplifying and empowering the incredible people of X, showcasing X and its projects in creative and inspirational ways, and activating our home in Mountain View as the destination for radical innovation.
About the role:
In this role, you’ll help to bring X’s mission and values to life using your storytelling skills. You will develop and implement comprehensive internal communications strategies to inform, connect, inspire, and engage Xers. You’ll work across a wide variety of teams and stakeholders, managing programs and creating materials and events that inspire and energize people and share hard-won wisdom from years of building radical new technologies. You’ll also invest in education, coaching, and other resources that will help moonshot teams develop their communication skills and share the stories of their latest learning moments and project updates.
We're looking for great communicators with a knack for program management who can thrive in ambiguity, understand complex and deeply technical topics, and explain them in person, in visuals, and in writing. You are scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to share in the magic of working at X.
How you will make 10X impact:
- Manage internal communications programs and events that bring X’s culture and values to life
- Inspire delight and connection to X via inspiring tech storytelling
- Develop written materials and visual assets such as emails, newsletters, internal websites, presentations, and talking points for leaders that help communicate about X as a moonshot factory
- Distill complex, sensitive subjects into coherent and easy-to-understand language (across deliverables like emails, FAQs, presentations, training materials) that resonates with a busy and highly technical audience
- Create connections and facilitate information flow across disparate functions and teams that shape X’s culture
- Add “moonshot magic” to elevate events
What you should have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, including experience focusing on new technology
- 7+ years of experience in communications
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Startup experience ideal, startup mentality a must, including the ability to thrive amidst ambiguity, and demonstrate constant curiosity and a learning mindset
- Passionate about team culture and employee engagement
- Attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Comfort with complicated topics, and a knack for explaining them simply to a variety of audiences
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Natural bridge-builder and collaborator who relishes coming together in teams to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to get things done, scrappy and hands-on
- Ability to influence at all levels and work inclusively across functions and teams
- Track record of effectively delivering large-scale projects and programs in a very fast-moving environment
- Comfortable and poised working with senior executives and stakeholders
The US base salary range for this position is $137,000-$144,000 + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.