X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
We are a team working to rapidly decarbonize the electric grid. Our mission is to help create a shared understanding of what is happening on the grid for everyone who is involved in building, managing and using it. Learn more about Tapestry here.
About the role:
As a front end software engineer you will work across the team, helping to design user experiences and implement state-of-the-art applications. You will be part of a talented team working on products and experiments using modern development standards and industry best practices. You will work closely with other software engineers, UX, machine learning experts, domain experts and product managers to plan, coordinate and integrate your work.
How you will make 10X Impact:
- Design and implement robust, production-level software to make complex data accessible through web applications and APIs.
- Drive technologies and product development for the energy domain, including data management and visualization.
- Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate feasibility.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams of engineers, scientists, and domain experts.
- Interface with external partners to refine technical requirements
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 4+ years of experience designing and implementing web applications using Angular 2.0+ and Typescript along with modern build tooling.
- Experience with API integration and front end data visualization.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Expertise in the following front end technologies: Google Maps APIs, D3, Plotly, WebGL.
- Experience with visualizing complex time series and geospatial data on the web.
- Ability to work in a small team / rapid prototyping environment.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000 - $190,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.