X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
We are a team working to rapidly decarbonize the electric grid. Our mission is to help create a shared understanding of what is happening on the grid for everyone who is involved in building, managing and using it. Learn more about Project Tapestry here.
About the role:
As an applied ML and data pipelines software engineer, you will own end-to-end development of breakthrough technologies that rely heavily on machine learning. You will work with amazing and talented people, who work on highly creative and ambitious efforts. You will work closely with other software engineers, machine learning experts, domain experts, and product managers to plan, coordinate, and integrate your work.
How you will make 10X Impact:
- Explore, apply, and innovate state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems on the electric grid
- Explore and de-risk novel technologies to extract data from unlikely sources
- Lead the design and implementation of ML data platforms and service frameworks frameworks
- Design and implement robust, automated, production-level software using horizontally scalable components
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams of engineers, product managers, and domain experts
- Provide direction and focus in areas of high ambiguity
What you should have:
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience with: Python, C++, Golang, Java, or equivalent language
- 2 years of experience with developing and/or deploying ML models
- Experience with building data pipelines (e.g. Beam, Dataflow, Flink, Hadoop, Spark)
- Consistent track record of delivering high quality solutions to large, complex software problems
- Prior experience with setting the technical direction for small groups of engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills."
It’d be great if you had these:
- Experience working with one or more of: image processing, time-series data, geospatial data, graph data
- Background in ML modeling in TensorFlow or Pytorch
- A passion for decarbonizing the electric grid.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000 - $190,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.