X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
One of the differentiators of X, the Moonshot Factory, is that we operate within the Alphabet ecosystem. Our team is helping X make the most of it by building internal partnerships across Alphabet. These relationships cut across technical, commercial, product, and functional teams and ultimately help derisk, accelerate, and amplify the portfolio at X.
About the role:
This role will be an important interface between X and Google Cloud. The intent is to develop a commercial engagement model between both parties that is mutually beneficial, repeatable and scalable. The individual must deeply understand both X’s and Cloud’s unique cultures, projects, priorities, and incentives, and then deliver on commercial collaboration opportunities.
This role seeks motivated individuals that enjoy working in a small, interdisciplinary team environment, have a growth mindset, a passion for problem-solving directed at achieving meaningful business and commercial breakthroughs, and are comfortable with uncertainty, exploration, and iteration.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Manage inbound commercial-related requests: from across Alphabet (primarily Cloud) to X. Collaborate with X Project counterparts to prioritize opportunities and execute commercial agreements
- Manage outbound requests: from X to Cloud and Google. Collaborate with Commercial counterparts to bring X Projects in at the right time to the right partners. Execute commercial agreements.
- Identify and initiate new opportunities: ways we can work differently together that will yield more benefits for our partners, X and Cloud.
- Resolve issues: Identify root causes for sources of friction, propose solutions, design and launch changes. These could be business, technical, product solutions.
- Present findings to leadership to guide strategy, joint priorities
What you should have:
- Experience working with Google Cloud organization and deep tech companies or audacious projects
- Ownership and experience structuring and executing mutually beneficial deals to all parties
- Ability to influence across organizations without authority, working with technical and cross-functional teams who do not report into this role to get things done
- Humble approach in learning new tools and content to become an effective thought partner with X project teams
- Thrive on ambiguity, relentless in creative problem solving with ability to set own goals and effectively deliver to them in a very fast-changing environment
- BA/BS or equivalent / relevant experience
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Degree in science or engineering field
- Experience scaling commercial / go-to-market from 1 partner to hundreds.
- Motivated by making the world a better place through technology, and wanting to be part of a team that makes this happen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (writing docs, writing and delivering presentations), can liaise with senior external partners with ease
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.