X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Chorus intends to transform the way we make, move, and manage the world’s goods.
As a frontend-focused software generalist, you will be critical to building our moonshot. On a given day, you might create a new UI component, build a backend endpoint to power it, and/or discuss trade-offs of various visual designs. While you might not already have all required skills, you must be interested in learning what is required to be successful in this position. We're looking for a detail-oriented engineer eager to get their hands dirty, even in initially unfamiliar parts of the stack.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Craft interfaces that give our customers real-time understanding of where their assets are, what state they are in, and how they are being used
- Scale solutions to millions of devices and massive data streams
- Find and address common pain points across industries: transportation and logistics, healthcare, manufacturing, and more
- Work with customers, developers, and cross-functional users to dig into and tackle problems
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields (e.g., Engineering, Mathematics)
- Solid software design and coding skills, including automated testing
- Experience with both frontend (at least one framework, such as Angular or React) and backend software development
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL (any flavor)
- Strong communication skills enabling you to interface with a cross-functional team. Your work will span engineering, design, operations, and vendors
- Deep interest in designing creative, robust, and thorough solutions
It’d be great if you also had some of these:
- Experience with visual or interaction design
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python
- Experience with cloud platforms like GCP or AWS
- Experience with mobile app development
- Experience with large-scale data processing and/or ML
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000 - $192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.