X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
We are a moonshot to protect the ocean and feed humanity sustainably. Our initial area of focus is on developing technologies that bring greater visibility and understanding of what's happening under the water. A link to our X blog post on the Tidal project is here.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Partner with other technical teams to build appropriate data tools for extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Define, analyze and communicate platform product roadmap aligned with business objectives and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
- Develop a roadmap for continuously building and integrating new components to data platform to meet the project and its partners growth needs.
- Product owner responsibilities within an agile team, specifically documenting user stories, acceptance criteria and API interface design.
- Meet frequently with internal and external customers - including advertisers, agencies, client service managers, inventory management teams, and business intelligence and analytics team - to develop a deep understanding of our business processes and needs.
- Promote and create developer and customer loyalty through highly innovative, quality driven product strategies and feature sets
- Gather developer and other stakeholder feedback to validate that the product works against stated metrics
- Work with our developer community to understand consumption issues and turn those insights into backlog items
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience with 8+ years of product management or related experience.
- Experience working with machine learning or data oriented products.
- Technical experience defining instrumentation structure, coordinating with engineering and 3rd party vendors during development, and managing QA to validate integrity of integrations.
- Experience working in a matrixed team structure and influencing across product areas
You should also have these:
- Track record of success in the full lifecycle of product management and leading end-to-end product development to include: providing product vision and roadmaps, writing exceptional PRDs, and bringing to market high visibility and complex products on time.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to influence without authority, working on and with technical and cross-functional or highly matrixed teams who do not report into this role to get things done.
- Demonstrated track record in balancing out product priorities against budget and timelines, sense of urgency in driving execution, and entrepreneurial spirit and love of developing products from an early stage with an appreciation for high-growth technology products and services.
- Innovative problem solver that can turn ambiguous problem spaces into clear solutions; comfort with new technology and thinking outside the box to develop and implement short and long-term creative solutions.
- Ability to set and drive the “big picture” strategy for a product team, while also rolling up your sleeves and providing detailed guidance on individual projects when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with heavy emphasis on teamwork, always focusing on the user.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.