X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Chorus intends to transform the way we make, move, and manage the world’s goods.
As a software generalist, you will be critical in developing software for our moonshot. While you might not already have all required skills, you must be interested in learning what is required to be successful in this position. We're looking for a detail-oriented engineer eager to get their hands dirty, even in initially unfamiliar parts of the stack.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Design and implement full-stack solutions starting with our fleet of IoT devices, continuing to our data-processing backend, and being served through our frontend and API
- Scale solutions to millions of devices and massive data streams
- Work with both internal and external clients, both developers and cross-functional users, to dig into and tackle problems
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields (e.g., Engineering, Mathematics)
- Solid software design and coding skills, such as Java/C/C++, including automated testing
- Experience with backend software development and large-scale data processing
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL (any flavor)
- Strong communication skills enabling you to interface with a highly cross-functional team, including engineering, manufacturing, operations, and vendors
- Deep interest in designing creative, robust, and thorough solutions
It’d be great if you also had some of these:
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python
- Experience with cloud platforms like GCP or AWS
- Experience with front end development (e.g., Angular, React)
- Experience with mobile app development
- Familiarity with ML and/or other data science applications
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000 - $192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.