X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Mineral’s mission is to discover the intelligence of plantkind to feed and protect humankind. Our technology embraces the complexity of nature, unlocking agriculture data so the world can reimagine sustainable food production. This means leveraging advanced technology and use of AI across the total plant ecosystem to turn complex data into understandings that enable greater efficiency, productivity and sustainability.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level and help define a product for an early stage team innovating quickly at the intersection of agriculture, machine learning, and edge computing. We are working to push the boundaries of what is possible in a rapidly evolving field.
How you will make an impact:
- Work with a team of hardware, software and machine learning engineers to design, develop and deploy edge compute systems for computational agriculture
- Integrate new sensor modalities: lidars, radars, stereo cameras, edge TPU etc.
- Design and deploy control algorithms for actuation
- Assist with the overall design, development, fault analysis, test and integration of a customer facing product
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, image processing and understanding, edge compute
- 3 years of professional experience programming in C++ or Go
- Experience writing robust and efficient code
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have demonstrated ability to take initiative, as well as thrive in ambiguous environments
It would be great if you also had these:
- Experience working on the full stack of a robotics system
- Experience iterating early-stage products and working in a fast-paced environment
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000 - $192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.