X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Software Engineer, Mineral
Location: Kirkland, Bellevue, Seattle
About the team:
Mineral is a team of scientists and engineers dedicated to creating transformative computational platforms for agriculture. Our moonshot is to scale sustainable farming globally, through computational agriculture.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer on the team, you will be working to chart new courses for how and where software is designed, developed, tested, and deployed on Google Cloud. This work is to include work with data, training and serving infra teams that are actively integrating projects to Google Cloud and developing out-of-the-box solutions for new projects.
- Design and implement pipelines, database, services and SDK for machine learning solutions for industry customers.
- Building scalable and robust data pipelines for organizing, generating and processing image and structured data.
- Developing building and releasing tools on Google Cloud Platform.
- Being a thoughtful engineer on the decisions on software architecture.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product, and meeting both technical and consumer needs.
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in commercial development of distributed systems and cloud infrastructure systems.
It would be great if you also had these:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, start-up-like environment. Fast learner who can think through and adapt to new problems quickly.
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
*This is a two-year Full Time Contract Position. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $106,000 - $163,000 + bonus + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.