X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
We're an early stage team at X with a growing, interdisciplinary portfolio. To prove our path to the moon, we make early contact with the real world through both internal and external partnerships.
About the Role:
You will be a Technical Lead on an early-stage team focused on ecology and climate-related efforts. This role manages a small team of engineers with a focus on the full-stack and machine learning.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Create and iterate prototypes, drafting technical and design documents as necessary.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive the vision behind Machine Learning solutions and back end infrastructure
- Engage with external partners to prioritize and incorporate feedback
What you should have:
- 6 years experience in a hands-on technical role
- Full-stack engineering experience in a production environment
- 3 years experience in ML/AI (sourcing and processing data to production pipelines)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in unstructured work environments with rapidly changing requirements and limited oversight.
- Proven team leadership track record - building and managing small engineering teams, setting aggressive goals, and leading complex cross functional projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $174,000 - $276,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.