X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Location: Kirkland, Bellevue, Seattle
X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
About the team:
Mineral’s mission is to discover the intelligence of plantkind to feed and protect humankind. Our technology embraces the complexity of nature, unlocking agriculture data so the world can reimagine sustainable food production. This means leveraging advanced technology and use of AI across the total plant ecosystem to turn complex data into understandings that enable greater efficiency, productivity and sustainability.
The fact is that if humanity doesn’t dramatically increase productivity and do it sustainably (using fewer resources), then feeding the population by 2050 will clear most of the world’s remaining forests and push the earth’s temperature past the 2°C warming limit set out in the Paris Climate Accord. But at Mineral, we’re optimists. And we are working relentlessly to enable the food production system to overcome the challenges it faces, and to build a more productive and resilient food system, together. Join us!
About the role:
Mineral aims to provide an AI platform in computational agriculture to answer the demands and difficulties in data storage and processing, modeling and visualization. You will lead a team to identify users’ needs, propose the workflows, design and implement the end-to-end ML solutions to support both internal research team and external commercializations.
- Leading the design and implementation of data storage, pipelines, services and SDK for machine learning solutions for industry customers.
- Building scalable and robust data pipelines for organizing, generating and processing image and structured data.
- Being a thoughtful engineer on the key decisions on software architecture, technology roadmap, and execution of the project.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product, and meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Mentoring team members and vendor members.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in designing large scale commercial development of distributed systems, having enormous experience in cloud infrastructure systems.
- Prior experience in ML/AI.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, start-up-like environment. Fast learner who can think through and adapt to new problems quickly.
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $174,000 - $276,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Learn more about benefits at Google
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.