X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Agriculture is facing huge pressures today to sustainably increase productivity, while competing with unrelenting pressure from disease, pests, and climate change. Solving these challenges demands radical new thinking.
About the Role:
12-14 week paid internship that offers an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, develop scalable, distributed software systems, and collaborate on machine learning related projects.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Becoming familiar with your teams’ specific goals and challenges
- Doing research on computational agriculture related topics, including machine learning, genomics, computer vision, natural language processing, geographic information system, knowledge graph, multi-modality learning, or remote sensing.
- Engaging with the X Internship community during the program
- Having fun!
What you should have:
- Enrolled in a PhD degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Coding skills for research projects.
- Deep knowledge in computational agriculture related topics, such as machine learning, computer vision, etc.
It would be great if you also had these:
- Experience with JAX, TensorFlow, Keras.
- Related publications in related venues, e.g., CVPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR, and ICCV.
- Location: X, The Moonshot Factory's headquarters in Mountain View, CA
- Start Date(s): Summer 2023
- Duration: a flexible 3-4 months based on project team needs and your availability
The US base salary range for this full-time position is between $103,000 - $127,000 + benefits. Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range for your targeted location during the hiring process.
About X, the moonshot factory
X creates radical new technologies to solve some of the world’s biggest problems. We develop uncomfortably ambitious, potentially world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered Internet and smart contact lenses. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers, designers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. We believe that a culture of psychological safety creates the foundation of trust and respect necessary to build moonshots. X was formerly known as Google[x] and is part of Alphabet.
Additional public information:
This role requires exposure to technologies subject to heightened controls under US export laws. Due to our immediate need to fill this role and the lengthy process required to obtain export licenses, we will not be able to move forward with anyone requiring a license for such technologies. This applies to individuals ineligible for license exception "TSR" (commonly described as "controlled-country nationals") under the US Commerce Department's Export Administration Regulations. As of July 2018, a controlled country national is anyone who is a national of one of the following countries (excluding US green card holders and US citizens with dual citizenship): Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Cuba, the People's Republic of China, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Libya, Macau, Moldova, Mongolia, North Korea, Russia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam. Please review up-to-date information about the Commerce Department's export regulations, including the current list of countries, here.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.