X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
We are a moonshot to protect the ocean and feed humanity sustainably. Our initial area of focus is on developing technologies that bring greater visibility and understanding of what’s happening under the water. Learn more about Project Tidal.
About the role:
As a Tidal Hardware Engineer, you will work cross-functionally across reliability and design teams on exciting electro-mechanical hardware in various stages of development. You will also work closely with the manufacturing team to develop and implement test methods. Finally, you will lead failure analysis to close the design-for-reliability cycle.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Design and iterate on marine electro-mechanical hardware such as subsea imaging systems and sensor platforms
- Develop verification methods and setups ranging from early evaluation to ORT
- Define, execute, and update design verification plans based on field performance and characterizations
- Characterization of materials and design effects
- Perform early design risk mitigation activities (DFMEA, e.g.) for hardware
- Develop and deploy test methods at contract manufacturer
- Perform root cause analysis and incorporate failure analysis lessons learned into future design efforts
What you should have:
- Experience with:
- Electromechanical hardware design
- System bring-up and troubleshooting
- Verification and validation
- Proficiency in data analysis and hardware testing via Python, Matlab, Labview, SQL, or other programming languages
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Previous ocean hardware or marine operations expertise
- High Variety - Low Volume mix industry experience
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.