X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
THE FOUNDATION OF AN AMAZING JOURNEY
Our goal at X is to make the world a radically better place. In order to do that we seek fresh unexpected perspectives, from different fields, and that’s why we’re excited about you.
Life here isn’t easy, but it’s fun. We’re trying to build things most people can’t even imagine, and we’re doing it with the hope of making a huge, positive impact on the world. You’ll be embedded into a moonshot project, where you’ll partner with team members to solve key challenges.
This isn’t your ordinary internship. You’ll be positively challenged and pushed professionally, in ways that you may have never experienced. If this excites you - keep reading.
DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP YOU CAN EXPECT:
- To be placed on one of our confidential or public X projects
- To get paid competitively and with Google benefits
- To be part of a lively community of other Interns and Residents
- To addend colloquium and discussions with team leads from across Google, DeepMind and external organizations
- Location: X's headquarters in Mountain View, CA
- Start Date(s): Year-round rolling basis
- Duration: a flexible 4 mo. to 1 year program based on project team needs and your availability
- Must be enrolled in an academic program and working towards completing an Undergraduate or Master’s degree
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
Collaborating with the X Taara team to develop next-generation software algorithms to improve system capabilities
- Understand the project’s overall framework, capabilities, and challenges, including an understanding of resource and time constraints
- Prototype solutions: algorithmic research, simulation,field validation
- Work closely with various teams to balance short-term and long-term priorities and tasks to maximize project learnings
- Ph.D candidate in one of the following fields: computer science, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering
- Completed EE/CS coursework in algorithms, performance engineering, random processes/probability/statistics, control, signal and systems
- Completed coursework in calculus / differential equations, linear algebra, or their equivalents.
- Experience with embedded and real-time software
- Comfortable with one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: Golang, Python, C/C++, Java
- Experience with inertial measurement sensors
- Experience with data acquisition
- Experience with development on embedded hardware systems: eg motion control, robotics, optimization, signal processing or time-series analysis.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.