X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
Tidal is a team at X working on a moonshot to protect the ocean and preserve its ability to support life and help feed humanity, sustainably. Our initial area of focus is on developing hardware and software technologies that bring greater visibility and understanding of what’s happening under the water. Learn more about Project Tidal.
About the role:
Want to work on underwater computer vision in the ocean? Project Tidal is looking for a computer vision engineer to help us design, test, build and refine deep learning computer vision approaches. This is an opportunity to work end to end with revolutionary hardware, real world customer applications, and cutting edge algorithms. If you love getting tech to work on challenging, real world problems, please apply!
How you will make 10X Impact
- Build end to end computer vision solutions: from data collection to model design to training to validation and deployment
- Work with our customers and product managers to understand the problem space and design breakthrough computer vision solutions
- Build robust data and computer vision pipelines to help our systems scale
What you should have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in deep learning approaches for computer vision, including object detection
- Thorough understanding of the full ML pipeline, starting from data collection to model building to experimental framework to data analytics.
- Experience building scalable ML pipelines
- Strong programming skills in Python, C++, Java or other
- Experience with robotics and simultaneous location and mapping
- Experience deploying models on the edge
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.