X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We're an early stage team at X with a growing, interdisciplinary portfolio. To prove our path to the moon, we make early contact with the real world through both internal and external partnerships.
In this role, you will be entrusted with evaluating chemical processes at scale, proposing new chemical processes, building lab scale processes, analyzing chemical process data, and researching and developing the next generation of chemical processes in molecular recycling.
You will work closely with Hardware and Operations focused members of the project team to identify and then solve new or existing problems.
This is an incredibly dynamic role and requires high cross-functional communication, organization, and planning. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and has a track record of effectively developing new chemical processes, working with chemical processes at scale, and hands-on experience.
How you will make 10X impact:
- Evaluating external and internally developed chemical processes scientifically, from a scalability perspective, and from a techno-economic perspective.
- Developing new chemical processes in the laboratory and designing lab scale processes.
- Managing, organizing, and analyzing large amounts of analytical data from existing or novel chemical processes for process improvement and continued process development.
- Work closely with hardware and software teams to co-develop chemical processes and modeling processes that tie into the broader commercial and engineering goals of the project.
- Collaborate and coordinate with external partners and suppliers.
What you should have:
- Ph.D in chemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field.
- Chemical engineering or applied process chemistry experience.
- Knowledge or experience of high temperature chemical conversions and unit operations
- Experience designing or working with chemical processes at scale.
- Experience with computer aided design software for mechanical or chemical process design.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Experience with data analysis in a modern scripting or programming language.
- Experience with online process analytics, control, and monitoring.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.