X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Born from X, the moonshot factory, and working alongside teams at Google, we’re building a new type of robot. One that can learn by itself, to help anyone with (almost) anything. With one foot in today, and the other in tomorrow, we seek to turn the helper robots of science fiction novels into reality. Doing this requires taking on the hardest problems in robotics. All so we can work towards a future where helper robots are a part of a better everyday, for everyone.
We know that no company, no moonshot, no wild idea is greater than the efforts of the people behind it. Our team is thoughtful, driven and deliberately diverse, working together in a creative and collaborative environment, where everyone’s perspectives and expertise is valued.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to drive programs across several software teams.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will have the opportunity to work with some outstanding and passionate people, who are also working on highly creative and ambitious efforts. You’ll keep this innovative team firing on all cylinders and pointed in the right direction. You will work closely with Software Engineers, Roboticists, Machine Learning experts, Product Managers, Systems Engineers, other TPMs, and leadership. You will coordinate lots of fast-evolving, moving parts and help integrate them back into the overall product vision.
- Lead cross-functional software development projects to achieve team goals, including planning, dependency mapping, milestone tracking, and technical problem solving
- Drive weekly software releases, bug resolution, triaging, prioritizing, and deconflicting vital work to better enable longer-arc work completion in the midst of shorter-term priorities
- Drive software analytics efforts, ensuring we track the right metrics so that all audiences can quickly comprehend our progress
- Work with technical leads, program manager teammates, and product managers to build, implement, and drive processes that improve execution and communication
- Partner with hardware TPMs to coordinate bring-up of new hardware (with component owners across software teams), and develop common tools and shared infrastructure
- Collaborate with software team managers and hardware counterparts to plan and implement product and tech roadmaps
- Consistent track-record of effective technical project management skills: project planning, status reporting, timeline estimation, issue management, meeting facilitation, process documentation, and priorities alignment
- Experience implementing technical programs in a highly cross functional environment, with a focus on software aspects
- Knowledge of general software stack and/or HW-SW systems engineering
- Comfortable working on early-stage projects in an environment with ambiguity and change
- Phenomenal teammate and creative problem solver with strong communication abilities
- Experience developing and commercializing highly sophisticated consumer electronics, new technology, or robotic applications
At the Everyday Robots, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you require additional accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.