X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Talent Operations Architect, X [PgM + Ops]
About the team:
As X’s People and Culture team, it’s our mission to empower all Xers and teams to achieve the transformative long-term growth needed to accelerate radical and inclusive innovation. We believe moonshot taking requires Xers to act in a way contrary to how most of society- especially adult working life teaches us to be : seeking risks (albeit smart ones), putting aside fears (e.g. of failure), and balancing short-term progress with longer term investment. The X People & Culture team designs and operates the structures that enable this growth. We are trusted thought partners to help make business-critical decisions while championing our greatest assets - our people and our culture.
About the role:
How might we bring the vision we have for our talent experience to life with an actual plan, mapped out processes, scoped out goals and experiences to support it?
X is looking for a Talent Operations Architect who will be responsible for keeping the TA team on target by program managing multiple initiatives that are critical to the effective operation of X’s talent acquisition function. In this role, your impact is felt by organizing and catalyzing project teams to achieve their goals while seeking and suggesting new areas of opportunity for the Talent team.
Half of your time will be spent managing compensation operations, including building out new hire packages to attract top talent to X. Other responsibilities will include resources and supporting vendor management specifically tied to the candidate care experience, and the hand off of new Xers to our onboarding team. In this role, you leverage data that we gather as part of our hiring process to effectively tell stories and inspire change. Together with the TA team, you will inform current and new strategies, programs, and operations.
This role will require you to think big, roll up your sleeves, use data to guide your work, challenge convention, and then ground yourself in practicality to get things done. You’ll be collaborating with recruiting leadership, people operations, strategy, finance, and others across X. You are scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to share in the magic of working at X.
How you will make 10X Impact:
- Actively champion and support an equitable, inclusive, and diverse hiring process by establishing and maintaining consistent interview processes
- Partner with Talent Operations Navigator to ensure plans are optimally structured, and find opportunities to streamline, simplify or improve processes to enable acceleration of talent programs and coordination efforts directly related to our ABC onboarding teams.
- Partner with the talent operations data & automation architect to drive efficiency in implementation and inform decisions on planning and pivots
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential and commitment to producing high-quality work
- You will partner closely with the broader Talent Acquisition team to ensure a world class candidate experience
Audacious skills and mindset that you bring:
- Dedicated in drawing insights that lead to action from metrics, reporting, dashboards and trend analysis to efficiently accelerate the Talent team
- Influencing and catalyzing project partners to execute , while simplifying, and improving TA operations
- Operational experience in building and running large projects with multiple stakeholders through to completion
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- High level of self-initiative, creativity, perseverance and flexibility
It would be great if you also had these:
- A passionate interest in being a guardian of and contributor to X's culture.
- Investigative curiosity in analyzing data and can see beyond the numbers to influence decision making
- Advanced Excel or Google Sheets skills (e.g., vlookups, macros, scripts) for data analysis and reporting
- Affinity for technology, and systematic thinking on how to align the candidate experience through to integration at X
- Prowess in partnering cross functionally with a welcoming and helpful attitude
- Experience in managing broad programs supporting HR initiatives that span recruitment marketing, hiring and onboarding
- Previous experience with supporting full-life-cycle recruiting
- Experience in generating insights to create effective reporting solutions (e.g., dashboards, tables, metrics)
- Efficiency in executing, simplifying, and improving TA operations - experience in magic automation is a plus
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.