X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
As X’s People and Culture team, it’s our mission to empower all Xers and teams to achieve the transformative long-term growth needed to accelerate radical and inclusive innovation. We believe moonshot taking requires Xers to act in a way contrary to how most of society- especially adult working life teaches us to be : seeking risks (albeit smart ones), putting aside fears (e.g. of failure), and balancing short-term progress with longer term investment. The X People & Culture team designs and operates the structures that enable this growth. We are trusted thought partners to help make business-critical decisions while championing our greatest assets - our people and our culture.
About the role:
We are looking for a People Partner to work side by side with business leadership to develop and execute people strategies that accelerate transformative personal and team growth for our central general and administrative (“G&A”) teams. In our hands-on culture, your work will span from strategy to execution - rolling out programs and advising leadership in areas such as organizational health, workforce planning, leadership development, change management, talent management, and DEI advocacy.
This role requires working collaboratively, strong communication skills, a heightened attention to detail, superb organization, and collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders.The ideal candidate is someone who is experienced with change management and is comfortable operating in an organization that moves quickly. We are a dynamic organization that likes to run experiments so are looking for a colleague who is excited about trying new things and offering a creative yet efficient approach. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases reinvent how work is done. You are scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to share in the magic of working at X.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions. Consult with X's leaders to create a comprehensive people plan to accelerate transformative personal and team growth
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions
- Provide expertise in the following areas: organizational health, workforce planning, talent management, team development, change management, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Be a role model and guide for Xers. Champion, promote and demonstrate what our culture means in practice. Be able to articulate clearly why we do some of the things we do, such as how benefits relate to our values, how our performance process is very true to our culture. That also means making your voice heard where necessary and calling out bad behavior - not everyone needs to adore you; it's about doing the right thing
- Be a partner and trusted advisor to leaders. Ensure they are well connected with Xers, get involved in X life beyond the day to day, demonstrate the appropriate behaviors and are consistent in word and deed. Also, be our leaders' eyes and ears on the ground to inform them of what's going on, and keep track of the pulse, state of morale, etc.
What you should have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience (Talent Mgmt/HR Gen/Recruiting)
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate the needs of the core business function into people solutions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Self-initiative, creativity, perseverance and flexibility; comfort with high rate of change and ability to navigate ambiguity on a regular basis
- Equally comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussions
- Ability to influence through development of effective relationships, and through using your expertise and data; ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders with varying levels of seniority and tenure
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.