X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
Modern agriculture faces an enormous array of challenges, as growers must produce more food on the same or smaller amounts of land, using fewer inputs, all while competing with unrelenting pressure from disease, pests, and a changing climate. Solving these problems demands radical new thinking.
How you will make an Impact:
- Designing and implementing backend and database for machine learning products, and computing platform APIs for industry customers.
- Being a thoughtful engineer on the key decisions on software architecture, technology roadmap, and execution of the project.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product, and meeting both technical and consumer needs.
What you should have:
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience).
- Experience with database and api design and implementation.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, e.g., Dataflow, Storage (GCS/S3), PubSub, etc.
It would be great if you also had these:
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, start-up like environment. Fast learner who is able to think through and adapt to new problems quickly.
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working on large-scale consumer facing products and handling large traffic.
- Experience working with Google Cloud AppEngine and One Platform.
- Good understanding in basic computer vision and machine learning methods. (Note: this role will not directly work on machine learning tasks, but will instead collaborate with the ML training team to deliver products to customers.)
About X, the moonshot factory
X creates radical new technologies to solve some of the world’s biggest problems. We develop uncomfortably ambitious, potentially world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered Internet and smart contact lenses. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers, designers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. X was formerly known as Google[x] and is part of Alphabet.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.