X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Born from X, the moonshot factory, and working alongside teams at Google, we’re building a new type of robot. One that can learn by itself, to help anyone with (almost) anything. With one foot in today, and the other in tomorrow, we seek to turn the helper robots of science fiction novels into reality. Doing this requires taking on the hardest problems in robotics. All so we can work towards a future where helper robots are a part of a better everyday, for everyone.
We know that no company, no moonshot, no wild idea is greater than the efforts of the people behind it. Our team is thoughtful, driven and deliberately diverse, working together in a creative and collaborative environment, where everyone’s perspectives and expertise is valued.
We’re looking for a Design Technologist to join Everyday Robots.
You’ll be an early member of the newly formed Design Team at EDR. You will be working with a small - but growing - team of upbeat and hardworking designers and makers; whose responsibility is ultimately to help deliver on our mission and vision; and also build Design as a POV and Designing as a capability for Everyday Robots.
At the intersection of creativity, design, engineering and human robot interaction your role is to help build the tools, prototypes and experiential mock-ups that will allow us to envision the future, iterate, shape decision making, and translate into human robot interactions and behaviors. Your duty will be to find solutions to prickly problems, both theoretically and practical, and then be tasked with early prototype development as well as identifying the right technical partner to help us translate and bring our ideas to reality.
- Working collaboratively within the EDR Design Team to conceptualize, prototype and build new tools and HRi experiences.
- Staying abreast of developing technologies, tools and understanding their creative potential to animate, and build compelling experiences
- Ability to drive complex projects with multiple partners in an agile way from inception to completion.
- Develop and implement outstanding, creative and innovative concepts and design strategies across the HRi, Industrial Design and Robot Experiences
- Complete new concepts and strategies and present creative concepts.
- Familiar with 3D Software such as Blender, Three.js, Unity, WebGL for AR/VR
- Exceptional Design portfolio of previous projects that demonstrate your skills as a designer
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with 2D Design Tools: Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma, Premiere Pro etc
- Experience with Android App UX/Development using Google SDKs
- Understanding of AI/ML and potential applications with TensorFlow
- Familiar with 3D Modeling Software such as Solidworks, Rhino, Autodesk (Fusion 360)
At Everyday Robots, we don't just accept differences - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you require additional accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.