X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
Tidal is a team at X working on a moonshot to protect the ocean and preserve its ability to support life and help feed humanity, sustainably. Our initial area of focus is on developing hardware and software technologies that bring greater visibility and understanding of what’s happening under the water. Learn more about Project Tidal.
About the role:
Project Tidal is looking for a data scientist to train and validate machine learning and computer vision models for real world use cases, working closely with customers and partners to prototype and deploy solutions, monitor outcomes, and communicate results. This is an opportunity to work end to end with revolutionary hardware, real world customer applications, and cutting edge algorithms. If you love getting tech to work on challenging, real world problems, please apply!
How you will make 10X Impact
- Work hand in hand with our partners and customers to understand the problem space, collect data, design novel and breakthrough ML solutions, and communicate results
- Be in direct contact with customers to solve real problems as they arise
- Train and deploy cutting edge computer vision models
- Analyze geospatially distributed time series data and develop statistical models to guide new insights
What you should have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Stellar communication skills, with a desire to work closely with customers
- Hands on experience with deep learning for computer vision applications
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis
- Thorough understanding of the full ML pipeline, starting from data collection to model building to experimental framework to data analytics.
- Strong programming skills in Python (including object oriented programming, not just scripting)
- Ability to travel (~1 week a quarter)
I'd be great if you also have these:
- Software development experience in C++ and/or Java
- Prior experience working directly with external customers to deliver results on a deadline
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.