X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Mineral Team:
Modern agriculture faces an enormous array of challenges, as growers must produce more food on the same or smaller amounts of land, using fewer inputs, all while competing with unrelenting pressure from disease, pests, and a changing climate. Solving these problems demands radical new thinking.
We are looking for an Onboard Computing Software Engineer to join our growing team to address problems in computational agriculture. You should have the potential to be an exceptional team member, and have relevant skills to contribute. If you’re creative, collaborative, committed to our mission and think you can help us, let us know!
How you will make an impact:
- Work with a team of hardware/software engineers and research scientists to design, develop and deploy robotic systems for computational agriculture
- Integrate new sensor modalities: lidars, radars, stereo cameras, edge TPU etc.
- Design and deploy control algorithms for actuation
- Assist with the overall design, development, fault analysis, test and integration of a customer facing product
What you should have:
- M.S. degree in Robotics, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: ML, image processing, semantic scene understanding, probabilistic sensor fusion
- 3 years of experience programming in C++
- Experience writing robust and efficient code
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have demonstrated ability to take initiative, as well as thrive in ambiguous environments
It would be great if you also had these:
- 3+ years experience working on the full stack of a robotics system
- Experience iterating early-stage products and working in a fast-paced environment
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.