X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Born from X, the moonshot factory, and working alongside teams at Google, we’re building a new type of robot. One that can learn by itself, to help anyone with (almost) anything. With one foot in today, and the other in tomorrow, we seek to turn the helper robots of science fiction novels into reality. Doing this requires taking on the hardest problems in robotics. All so we can work towards a future where helper robots are a part of a better everyday, for everyone.
We know that no company, no moonshot, no wild idea is greater than the efforts of the people behind it. Our team is thoughtful, driven and deliberately diverse, working together in a creative and collaborative environment, where everyone’s perspectives and expertise is valued.
As a Machine Learning Software Engineer at Everyday Robots, you would be working alongside other Machine Learning Software Engineers and roboticists to develop, test, deploy, support, maintain data pipelines and build out infrastructure for innovative machine learning methods to enable robots to learn continuously. You will also work across teams and communicate requirements. At times, you will be working in a small, interdisciplinary team environment settling quick fixes to unblock experimentations as well as devoting engineering best practices to deploy robust ML systems. You will also be experimenting and owning implementation end-to-end, from idea to execution to debugging and running experiments on a fleet of deployed robots.
- Lead projects that require both software development and machine learning experience. Develop and extend ML frameworks and ecosystems to implement, migrate, extend powerful machine learning methods
- Collaborate with our research partners to co-develop large-scale machine learning infrastructure while owning vertical integrations, i.e. develop hypotheses, run experiments and follow-up with on-robot evaluations
- Automate data upload/processing/training pipelines and develop monitoring and notification tools to track various statistics of ML pipelines
- Improve the scalability and efficiency of large-scale distributed ML workflows by analyzing, understanding, and fixing bottlenecks
- Participate in developing new machine learning systems (data acquisition, data processing pipelines, modeling) and productize them (API design, testing plan, support)
- Design model introspection tools to debug performance issues of existing machine learning models
- Track major changes and trends in infrastructure and enable adoption of new frameworks and systems without significant impact on development work
- Stay ahead of the field of ML research and actively participate in ongoing research efforts
- Coding experience in Python or C++, experience using SQL is a plus
- Experience developing, maintaining, productionizing, Machine Learning models and debugging their performance on a complex system, ideally in the domain of robotics
- Experience developing Machine Learning models for robot learning, specifically imitation and/or reinforcement learning. Experience in either Tensorflow, JAX, and/or PyTorch
- Analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Experience working in a startup-like environment and a self starter
At Everyday Robots, we don't just accept differences - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you require additional accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.