X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team
We are multidisciplinary scientists and engineers dedicated to creating transformative computational tools for Synthetic Biology. Our moonshot is to accelerate discovery and bio-innovation for healthier people and a healthier planet.
About the role
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level for an early stage team innovating quickly at the intersection of biology and engineering. We are working to push the boundaries of what is possible in a rapidly evolving field. The candidate will own operations across a team with diverse technical backgrounds. We are looking for people who thrive in fast changing environments and enjoy being in an environment of constant growth and learning. They will need to be able to adapt to a highly changing technical and business environment to keep operations running smoothly.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Develop relationships and own communication with external and internal stakeholders including vendors, facilities, and EHS.
- Manage day-to-day lab operations including the purchasing and maintenance of lab inventory and equipment.
- Work with EHS to ensure implementation and adherence to lab safety best practices and COVID safety procedures.
- Ensure the successful transfer of data and/or samples from CROs to X and vice/versa.
- Manage hiring and onboarding of new employees.
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain our internal capacity
- Work with other team members on tracking, analyzing and coordinating team budgets.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, engineering, technology, operations or related field.
- 5+ years of successful industry track record with operations management in fast-moving technology teams, preferable in a startup environment.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Experience in science and technology.
- Familiar with wet lab environments.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.