X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
We are a team of scientists and engineers dedicated to creating transformative computational platforms for agriculture. Our moonshot is to Scale sustainable farming globally, through computational agriculture. Read more about this Moonshot here and here.
If you are an experienced Software Engineer with an understanding of modern computer vision (deep learning) and are excited to make a difference in global food production and climate change, we’d love to talk with you.
About the Role:
This is an opportunity to build a scalable, perception-driven product for real customers in the agriculture space. You’ll be working on an early-stage project at the intersection of agriculture, big data and AI. Our team is working to build a turnkey product out of prior computer vision research, ensure high-quality deliverables to customers, and continue computer-vision based experimentation with new crops. You’ll have the opportunity to problem solve and be a part of the products that transform this space.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Design and build infrastructure to automate and scale high-quality perception services.
- Design and build systems that automate the work of a typical perception engineer.
- Run experiments to test, validate, and improve upon state-of-the art computer vision research as you build it into our products.
- Communicate and discuss technical progress to partners in the agriculture industry and cross functional team members.
- Research and stay up to date on state-of-the-art technologies.
What you should have:
- CS degree with coursework in computer vision or 2+ years building computer-vision based products/research in industry.
- Experience training/evaluating deep learning-based computer vision models.
- C++ and/or Python proficiency
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, start-up like environment.
It would be great if you also had these:
- Fast learner who is able to think through and adapt to new problems quickly
- Experience with designing distributed storage systems, computing infrastructure, and serving stack etc.
- Have demonstrated ability to take initiative, as well as thrive in ambiguous environment
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.