X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team
As the X People Operations team (POps), it’s our mission to Attract, Accelerate, and Launch these moonshots into the real world. Due to the smaller size of our organization and the rapid pace of change, every Xer plays a critical role in the success of these moonshots. The X POps team not only executes programs and operations that accelerate the business, but we also are trusted thought partners to help make business-critical decisions (more information here).
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced recruiter that can be involved in all areas of the hiring process, from generating pipeline to maintaining a successful offer acceptance rate. You will manage the entire candidate process and will leverage your creative problem skills to prioritize your limited time and resources to reach the team’s audacious goals . By leveraging your knowledge of our clients' hiring needs and search requirements, you will effectively match candidates with the roles in which they will be most successful. You will drive hiring ownership of the hiring process for a number of early stage projects by serving as an advisor to hiring managers and peers. Most importantly you will manage the entire candidate experience, ensuring the best possible outcome.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Recruit talent in a highly competitive talent market and achieve strategic hiring goals.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand niche role requirements and strategize pipeline generation efforts.
- Provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations and closing of candidates.
- Negotiate complex offers to close candidates by leveraging your experience competing for top technical talent.
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process. Share and exchange information with all levels of management.
- Be experienced and committed to a diversity in recruitment policy.
What you should have:
- Demonstrated experience building teams as an in-house recruiter, ideally in a start-up setting.
- Self-initiative, creativity, perseverance and flexibility; comfort with high rate of change and ability to navigate ambiguity on a regular basis
- Experience closing candidates and negotiating compensation packages
- Experience handling customer relationship management
- A passion for driving equity & diversity initiatives
- Previous experience collaborating with internal clients to drive accountability.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Recruiting experience in tech companies or related industries, ideally in early stage projects.
- Ability to prioritize and succeed in a highly ambiguous environment with competing demands.
- Demonstrated record of developing recommendations, implementing solutions and designing creative recruiting strategies as an individual contributor
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.