X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We are a team working to rapidly decarbonize the electric grid. Our mission is to help create a shared understanding of what is happening on the grid for everyone who is involved in building, managing and using it.
How you will make 10x Impact:
- Lead the development of electric grid-based optimization solutions (e.g. solutions to improve the resiliency, economics, sustainability, and equity of the power grid) in both the transmission and distribution domains
- Provide thought-leadership internally and externally
- Drive and own strategic programs that are large and complex, span multiple organizations, and have a direct measurable business impact on what are often product area or company level OKRs.
- Set strategy and objectives, drive organizational change, and solve problems holistically independent of organizational boundaries.
- Propose, design, develop, and evaluate software and analytics-based solutions (e.g., ML, edge devices, cloud, etc.,.) to meet customers' needs
- Work with a team of engineers, scientists, product managers, and grid operators to transition prototypes into production
- Engage closely with existing and prospective partners on new technologies that transform how the grid is planned and operated
- Explore the energy technology landscape and do fast evaluation of ideas and concepts
What you should have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Statistics or equivalent practical experience
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Machine Learning/Deep Learning/Computer Vision
- Proficiency in algorithm design and coding
- Ability to execute and iterate quickly with ever-changing problem sets and environments
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Research or industry experience in ML systems, cloud computing, mobile development, or IoT projects
- Solid problem solving and cross-team communication skills
- Knowledge of recent development in energy-related technologies such as microgrids, battery storage, industrial internet of things, or inverters
- Interested in business or product development in a startup-like environment
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.