X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
Project Mineral’s mission is to solve the critical challenge of scaling sustainable farming globally. We are looking for someone to partner with Mineral leadership to design and execute the strategy for how we source, attract, onboard, develop, motivate, grow and retain Mineral talent.
About the Role:
The ideal candidate is experienced with change management and is comfortable operating in an organization that is scaling quickly. We are a dynamic team that likes to run experiments so we are looking for a colleague who is excited about trying new things and offering a creative yet effective approach to people programs. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases reinvent how work is done. You are scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to share in the magic of working at X.
How you will make an impact:
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution as we navigate rapid growth. Provide insightful data to guide decision-making, anticipate challenges, and provide solutions proactively.
- Consult with Mineral leaders to create a comprehensive people plan to influence lasting change over functions at Mineral.
- Bring expertise in the following areas: EID, recruiting, organization design, career planning, performance and promotion programs, coaching, compensation, employee relations, learning and career development, and recognition programs.
- Partner with POCs across Alphabet to ensure we have strong and diverse hiring pipelines, clear processes and accurate statistics, and effective intern programs. Adapt processes and tools to Mineral’s needs where necessary for recruiting, performance management, and compensation.
- Coordinate a team of recruiters and staffers to source talent
- Partner with our internal Extended Workforce Leads, Legal, and other Alphabet contacts to develop and maintain processes that enable our extended workforce to be and feel valued while also ensuring we are in compliance with applicable laws and Alphabet policies.
- Be a role model and guide for Mineralites. Champion, promote and demonstrate what our culture means in practice. Be able to articulate clearly why we do some of the things we do, such as how compensation relates to our values, how our performance process is consistent with our culture. Create internal communications to support change management.
- Be a partner and trusted advisor to leaders. Ensure they are well connected with Mineralites, and be our leaders' eyes and ears to keep track of the pulse, team morale, etc.
What you should have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of HR Business Partner or equivalent broad-based HR experience
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior executives
- Business acumen and ability to translate the needs of the core business function into people solutions
- Have demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize, and multi-task in ambiguous environments
It would be great if you also had these:
- Hands on in a start-up/fast growth environment experience
- 2+ years of POps experience at Google or another similar tech company
- Experience working within the enterprise software industry
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.