X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team
We are multidisciplinary scientists and engineers dedicated to creating transformative computational tools for Synthetic Biology. Our moonshot is to accelerate discovery and bio-innovation for healthier people and a healthier planet.
About the role
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level for an early stage team innovating quickly at the intersection of biology and engineering. We are working to push the boundaries of what is possible in a rapidly evolving field. There’s no roadmap for our technical team, and there’s no roadmap for our people programs. We’re looking for smart, creative, motivated people who are excited to build our people operations from the ground up.
This role will require you to think strategically, roll up your sleeves and execute, use data and business goals to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases reinvent how work is done. You will need to be scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven.
We're open to a breadth of previous experience ranging from program management, finance, leadership and development, or other related experience.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Establish best practices for hiring across sourcing, interviews, offers and onboarding.
- Create innovative learning and development programs that enable us to be the strong, high-performing team we need to be to accomplish our ambitious goals.
- Support our team through all aspects of performance management.
- Work collaboratively with X’s People Operations team to learn X and Alphabet guidelines and best practices.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of successful industry track record on fast-moving technology teams, for example program management.
- Equally comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and being part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Self-initiative, creativity, perseverance and flexibility; comfort with high rate of change and ability to navigate ambiguity on a regular basis.
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate the needs of the core business function into people solutions.
- Ability to influence through development of effective relationships, and through using your expertise and data; ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders with varying levels of seniority and tenure.
- Comfortable facilitating team and leadership development experiences/discussions as needed.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Direct experience with science and technology
- Proven track record of successfully implementing programs and initiatives
- Experience creating Leadership and Development programs
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.