X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We are a team working to rapidly decarbonize the electric grid. Our mission is to help create a shared understanding of what is happening on the grid for everyone who is involved in building, managing and using it.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Lead the identification and prioritization of partner needs and the larger business objectives related to trust, (cyber) security, and safety for energy-related data.
- Articulate the roadmap and oversee successful launches of trust and security related products and services, including setting the vision and standards for key areas like NERC-CIP compliance.
- Be the external voice of our moonshot for trust and security, providing thought leadership and insights while identifying partnership opportunities
- Work with a team of engineers, scientists, and grid operators to transition prototypes into production
- Engage closely with existing and prospective partners on new technologies that transform how the grid and related data is governed and secured
- Explore the energy technology landscape and do fast evaluation of ideas and concepts
What you should have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience and in-depth knowledge of cyber security, NERC-CIP, and related issues in the energy domain, especially in on-premise, cloud, and IoT-based environments
- Technical expertise managing cyber security and/or trust-related issues with hands-on experience developing and implementing trust and security policies
- Proficiency with writing and developing technical standards and product specifications, taking products to market and having them launch successfully
- Ability to execute and iterate quickly with ever-changing problem sets and environments
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Currently or in the recent past have sat on industry standards bodies for security, trust, privacy, or safety related areas
- Solid problem solving and cross-team communication skills
- Knowledge of recent development in energy-related technologies such as microgrids, battery storage, industrial internet of things, or inverters
- Interested in technology or product development in a startup-like environment
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.