X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We are the Everyday Robot Project at X, a moonshot that brings together people with varied skill sets and backgrounds to build a future where robots can be as helpful to people in the physical world as computers now are in the virtual world. We believe that the future of robotics and AI can unfold in a way that has lasting positive impact in our everyday lives and our wider communities. Our mission is to build learning robots that help people everyday and everywhere live better lives. Creating robots that can learn in different ways involves navigating some of the hardest challenges in robotics today. It’s an ambiguous and iterative process, so we’ve worked hard to create a team environment where collaboration and creativity can flourish, and where people always feel comfortable bringing their unique perspectives and expertise to the table.
The Everyday Robot Project @ X is looking for a Recruiter to drive hiring across our project. Meet our team and learn more about our moonshot.
We are looking for an experienced recruiter that will own hiring relationships across the organization and drive best practices as we build the team. You will be involved in all areas of the hiring process, from mapping out the process, generating pipeline to sealing the deal. You will drive hiring ownership across the Everyday Robot Project by serving as an advisor to hiring managers and peers. Most importantly you will manage the entire candidate experience, ensuring the best possible outcome.
- Recruit talent in a highly competitive market and achieve strategic hiring goals
- Help build and implement diversity and equity initiatives throughout our hiring processes
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand niche role requirements and strategize team building strategies
- Provide an efficient yet high-touch candidate experience from application to offer
- Negotiate complex offers to close candidates
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process
- Demonstrated experience building teams as an in-house recruiter, ideally in a start-up setting
- Self-initiative, creativity, perseverance and flexibility; comfort with high rate of change and ability to navigate ambiguity on a regular basis
- A passion for driving equity & diversity initiatives
- An ability to tell our story to engage and close candidates
- Previous experience collaborating with internal clients to drive accountability
- Recruiting experience in tech companies or related industries
- Outstanding project management and presentation skills
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.