X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Project Taara is seeking to fill a digital logic design position for a project focused on delivering high-throughput and long-range connectivity via wireless optical communication (WOC) links. The role is focused on design, simulation, implementation, testing, and verification of digital logic for high-data-rate communications systems and precision line-of-sight tracking systems running on system-on-Chip FPGA platforms.
The position seeks highly-motivated individuals that enjoy working in a small dynamic team environment, with a passion for solving challenging problems that can lead to high-impact advances in technology.
About the Role:
- Collaborate across teams to jointly develop high-speed digital signal processing and control system algorithms supporting free-space optical communications applications.
- Implement custom RTL modules that enable high data rate communications, as well as timing-sensitive feedback-based precision line-of-sight tracking systems.
- Develop testbenches for RTL modules, perform simulation, and verify design requirements are met.
- Integrate third party IP cores into an FPGA system, create custom RTL wrappers for third party cores, and interface with IP vendors.
- Participate in board bring-up activities, system level integration tasks, troubleshooting, and field testing.
What you should have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or similar discipline.
- 5+ years in FPGA/ Digital Logic Design role, with experience in implementing and testing custom RTL using SystemVerilog or Verilog.
- Experience with FPGA design flow including simulation, synthesis, and static timing analysis.
- Experience with Xilinx UltraScale/UltraScale+ FPGAs/SoCs, or equivalent.
- Experience with FPGA high speed interfaces.
It would be great if you also had these:
- MS (or higher) in Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Familiarity with SoC architectures and CPU interfaces as well as data streaming protocols eg. AXI.
- Experience coding in embedded C/C++ (or similar) and common scripting languages (e.g. Python).
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.