X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
Project Taara focuses on delivering high-throughput and long-range connectivity via Wireless Optical Communication (WOC) links. The software group develops embedded software for the WOC terminals and network management infrastructure in Google Cloud.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) who is highly-motivated and enjoys working in a small, dynamic team environment. This individual possesses a passion for solving challenging problems that can lead to high-impact advances in technology.
How you will make an impact:
- Collaborate across teams to jointly develop digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms supporting optical phased array control systems.
- Implement software libraries for aforementioned algorithms that are suitable for both general purpose and real-time processors.
- Design and implement cloud-based link availability estimation algorithms for WOC links.
What you should have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
- 5+ years in Software engineering
- Expertise with one or more of the following languages:
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.