X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Intrinsic is a robotics software and AI company at Alphabet. Our mission is to make industrial robotics accessible and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
We are looking for a Robotics Lab Technician to join our team based in Munich. You should possess and demonstrate a passion for all things robotic, exhibiting expertise using robots with industrial partners, and the ability to deliver results as a critical member of a cross-functional team.
Areas we expect you to make an impact:
- Concept and design robotic automation systems for our lab, and scope the effort and cost to build new systems.
- Manage and expand our robotics lab in Munich, partnering with our team to make progress on our moonshot.
- Work closely with software developers, and researchers to test, improve, and validate our platform from the ground up.
- Source and integrate best in-class technology products into automation workcells.
What skills you should have:
- 4 years degree in a mechatronic-related engineering field
- 2 years of proven experience with mechatronic systems, preferably in the automation industry
- Willingness, desire, and interest to work with new technologies in a unique setting.
- Demonstrable experience with industrial robot Commissioning and Troubleshooting
- Demonstrable track record with managing and coordinating hardware bring up and/or managing a lab
Skills we hope you have:
- Professional work experience with Python and/or C++
- Exposure to numerous industries that use robotic automation (i.e., electronics, automotive, aerospace, medical)
- Experience selecting components and designing electrical and pneumatic schematics for automation equipment and ability to assemble designed electrical panels
- Experience with PLC programming and commissioning
- Knowledge about robotic safety systems
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.