X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
As the Administrative Business Partner to the Senior Director of X’s Early Pipeline Portfolio, you're at the heart of our company’s business operations and activities. You anticipate the needs of your manager and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly with the changing environment. You also use that knowledge to strategically support your team's projects. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions. This role may expand scope to additional Directors on the team.
You are capable of providing valuable insight, creative problem solving, and strategic behavior when scheduling meetings. Proactive behavior, confidentiality, and thoughtfulness is greatly valued in your role.
In addition to being organized and analytical, you are a team player and possess strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions tactfully and gracefully. You are a cultural liaison and keep the pulse of the team, helping to create a positive and healthy work environment.
How you will make 10X impact:
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (including, but not limited to, managing calendars, booking travel, organizing team events, and scheduling facilities and equipment).
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help define new operational strategies.
- Organize and manage team offsites and culture-building events.
- Coordinate duties across the X office.
- Mentor new team members.
- Serve as a thought partner to the Directors of the Early Pipeline Portfolio, providing insight and feedback on the pulse of the company.
What you should have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of administrative support experience.
You should also have these:
- Superb expertise of fundamental administrative tools and processes (e.g. Calendar, Gmail, Drive, Concur, mailing & shipping, travel booking, etc.).
- Experience serving as a project lead from conception to completion.
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; interest and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency.
- Comprehensive knowledge of process, project, and program management theory and practices, and the ability to apply them when solving operational issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.