X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
We are exploring automated design for electromagnetic devices. This capability could enable applications ranging from integrated photonics to metasurfaces, and requires technical developments in ultra-large-scale simulators, novel optimization schemes, and prototyping/fabrication capabilities.
About the Role:
Our project (non-public) is looking for a Partnerships Lead with expertise to help further develop and scale our capabilities for optimizing and simulating photonic devices. The Partnerships Lead is responsible for creating our partnerships strategy, leading and negotiating key partnerships and commercial deals to enable our on-going research and development efforts and commercialization strategy. The role offers the opportunity to work with industry leading partners [in the electronics / optics supply chain and fabrication industries] to develop and explore broad adoption of our capabilities.
The successful candidate must be partner-facing with strong business development, negotiations and impeccable partnership skills. The ability to manage, develop and nurture relationships on an on-going basis is also a key component to this role.
You will not only be able to work autonomously to close deals, but also work collaboratively with product, engineering, legal, finance, marketing and other partner-facing teams to initiate, support and develop your partner relationships.
The team is actively working to increase our equity, inclusion, and diversity. Please ask us about our efforts!
How you will make 10X impact:
- Be a core part of our leadership team and involved in strategic decision making
- Define partnership strategy which aligns with our product roadmap
- Identify and qualify key partners in the data center Photonic Integrated Circuit space to scale our project’s solutions
- Tailor narrative and materials to support exploratory discussions with prospective partners
- Manage deals end-to-end, including: origination, qualification, scoping, negotiation, contracting and closing
- Collaborate closely with the product, operations and engineering teams to transition from deal scoping and signing to hand off for implementation
- Collaborate with legal and finance to craft contracts and navigate internal approvals and compliance processes
- Gather market intelligence, understand our customer needs, help shape go-to-market strategy, pricing and product features; be the voice of our partners to Product and Engineering teams.
What you should have:
- 7+ years of experience managing complex deals with multinational companies in the electronics/optics value & supply chain or business development/sales in technical B2B solutions
- Experience scoping and driving deals from introduction to close for both research and commercial collaborations
- Experience managing cross-functional internal stakeholders and building senior level partner relationships
- Self-starter with strong project management and organizational skills
- Thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and proven experience in embracing ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to influence effectively at an executive level
It would be great if you also had these:
- MBA or equivalent
- Experience working with CMOS foundries
- Ability to travel internationally
- Entrepreneurial experience
- People management experience
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.