X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We are a team working to rapidly decarbonize the electric grid. Our mission is to help create a shared understanding of what is happening on the grid for everyone who is involved in building, managing and using it.
As a data ingestion software engineer, you will build the tools and infrastructure to ingest, clean, automate, and aggregate various data sets to support the development of applications that enable decarbonization of the worldwide electric grid. You will work with passionate and talented people who work on highly creative and ambitious efforts. You will work closely with other software engineers, machine learning experts, domain experts, external partners, and product managers to plan, coordinate, and integrate your work.
How you will make 10X impact:
- Drive the technologies and product development for energy domain data ingestion and processing from different sources
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams of engineers, product managers, partners, and domain experts
- Design and implement tooling for identifying, monitoring, and addressing data discrepancies
- Design and implement robust, automated, production-level software using horizontally scalable components
What you should have:
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience building large, complex software systems and applications
- 3 years of experience with: C++, Golang, Java, or equivalent language
- Experience working with messy data sets
- Experience with automating data pipelines
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience working with external partners
- Experience with common utility formats (e.g. CIM, SCADA, GIS, etc)
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.