X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Intrinsic is a robotics software and AI company at Alphabet. Our mission is to make industrial robotics accessible and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
Intrinsic is looking for an Automation Test Engineer to join our Applications and Automation team based in Munich and San Francisco. The ideal candidate has a passion for all robotic things, demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices using robots with industrial partners, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Concept new robotic automation applications and scope the effort and cost to build
- Take ownership implementing rapid innovative R&D robotic automation workcells designed by our design teams
- Source and integrate best in-class technology products into automation workcells.
- Work closely with product managers, software developers, and researchers to test, improve, and validate our robotic platform from the ground up.
What you should have:
- 4-year degree in a mechatronic-related engineering field
- Willingness to work in ambiguity, select a direction and drive towards a solution
- 5-years of work experience in robotics and machine vision for the manufacturing and automation industry
- Demonstrable experience with robot troubleshooting (Fanuc, KUKA, UR, ABB), PLC Troubleshooting (Rockwell, Siemens, Beckhoff)
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Professional work experience with Python and/or C++
- Experience with industrial machine vision systems (Cognex, HALCON)
- Exposure to numerous industries that use robotic automation (i.e., electronics, automotive, aerospace, medical)
- Experience selecting components and designing electrical and pneumatic schematics for automation equipment and ability to assemble designed electrical panels
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.