X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
Tidal is a team at X working on a moonshot to protect the ocean and preserve its ability to support life and help feed humanity, sustainably. Our initial area of focus is on developing hardware and software technologies that bring greater visibility and understanding of what’s happening under the water. Learn more about Project Tidal.
How you will make 10x impact:
- We’re building cutting edge hardware, deploying state of the art perception models, and working in one of the toughest environments on the planet
- Work with a team of hardware engineers, software engineers and research scientists to design, develop, test and deploy deep learning, controls and perception algorithms on the edge on custom hardware
What you should have:
- BS/MS degree in Robotics, Computer Science, EE/ME or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: computer vision, signal processing, controls, robotics
- Proficient in C++
- Experience deploying algorithms on the edge and/or embedded device
- Willing to learn and deep-dive into new tools, domains, technologies. Eager to wear multiple hats.
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have demonstrated ability to take initiative, as well as thrive in ambiguous environments
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Experience with deep learning
- Statistical modeling and inference
- Proficient in Go and/or Python
- On-device optimization using TFLite or similar
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.