X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
Tidal is a team at X working on a moonshot to protect the ocean and preserve its ability to support life and help feed humanity, sustainably. Our initial area of focus is on developing hardware and software technologies that bring greater visibility and understanding of what’s happening under the water. Learn more about Project Tidal.
About the role
We are hiring a Talent & Culture Lead for project Tidal at X. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. We believe there are many problems in the world in which robotics could play a significant role in making it easier, faster, and safer for people to get things done. We’re looking for someone who is excited about working as part of a collaborative and cross-functional team. Our organization values respect, inclusion, diversity, and a growth mindset. As the Lead for Culture & Talent, you will help recruit, onboard and nurture a strong organizational culture, which includes owning and driving key people-related processes and initiatives.
The role will require you to think strategically while also executing, using data and business goals to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases reinvent how work is done. You are scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven.
- Provide expertise in people programs and processes in the areas of compensation, headcount & workforce planning, performance & talent management, employee engagement, recognition, attrition and retention, training, and other areas focused on accelerating the business and growing leaders and team members.
- Partner with X Central POCs to ensure we have strong and diverse hiring pipelines, clear processes and accurate statistics, and effective people programs
- Partner with our internal Extended Workforce Leads, Legal, and Google xWS to develop and maintain processes, communications, and programs that enable our TVCs to be and feel valued while also ensuring we are in compliance with applicable laws.
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Gather and provide insightful data to guide-decision making and provide proactive solutions to all people-related issues.
- Advise leadership team on organizational structure, company culture, and HR related matters. Roll out and maintain relevant people-related initiatives within the organization.
- 5+ years of relevant experience (Talent Mgmt/HR Gen/Recruiting)
- Equally comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussions
- Has self-initiative, creativity, perseverance and flexibility; comfort with high rate of change and ability to navigate ambiguity on a regular basis
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate the needs of the core business function into people solutions
- Ability to influence through development of effective relationships, and through using your expertise and data; ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders with varying levels of seniority and tenure
- Comfortable facilitating team and leadership development experiences/discussions as needed
- A proven leader and trusted advisor who is a fast and strategic thinker
- Practitioner with a proven track record of successfully implementing people programs and initiatives
- 5+ years of HR experience in tech companies or start ups.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.