X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
Tidal is a team at X working on a moonshot to protect the ocean and preserve its ability to support life and help feed humanity, sustainably. Our initial area of focus is on developing hardware and software technologies that bring greater visibility and understanding of what’s happening under the water. Learn more about Project Tidal.
About the role
We are looking for a talented UI engineer to create user-driven web applications for our project. As a UI engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of front-end applications that meet the needs of the user.
A successful candidate in this role will be ready to dive into the process end to end, from design to execution to iterating on customer feedback. You will be part of a lean team with high levels of autonomy.
To ensure success as a UI engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end languages, strong data visualization skills, and good design instincts. A top-class UI engineer will design and implement functional and intuitive applications, iterating closely with internal and external users to ensure the app meets the user needs.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Meeting with stakeholders in engineering, product, and ops to define key requirements.
- Researching similar application designs and user interface modules.
- Prototyping new user interfaces.
- Designing wireframes, mocks, and user interactions.
- Building and maintaining front end infrastructure.
- Writing the front-end code and building the user interface.
- Debugging code errors and troubleshooting software issues.
- Maintaining and refining application.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience contributing to design and contributing to design systems
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience drawing wireframes and leading design efforts
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.