X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
One of X’s confidential projects is looking for new team members interested in building the future of software engineering. The team at X is experimenting with new ways to build, maintain, and innovate software systems using state of the art approaches. If you are interested in making the world a radically better place by improving software productivity and unleashing more engineering creativity, we want to talk to you!
How you will make 10x impact:
- Explore novel approaches across a range of AI/ML/Deep Learning techniques at the intersection of natural language and code
- Develop new neural architectures for modeling code that advance state of the art
- Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate feasibility; dispassionately assess performance and help team scope next steps
- Apply, modify, and develop new algorithms and software tools as the project demands
- Organize and process large volumes of data
- Work cross-functionally with experts at X, from Alphabet, and academia
What you should have:
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent field
- 4+ years machine learning and deep learning experience in Natural Language & large language models
- A fast learner with strong coding skills in Java/Python or equivalent
- Passionate about development and the future of software engineering
- Ability to work in a small team / rapid prototyping environment and deal with uncertainty and fluidity
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Aptitude in TensorFlow
- Familiarity with programming language theory, static and dynamic analysis
- Experience working in a startup or research environment
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.